About The Barracuda Games
Our signature fundraising event, The Barracuda Games, enhances our school community by instilling positive character traits, teamwork and fundraising. This event is run in-house by our parents and staff, therefore, 100% of the funds raised during The Barracuda Games stays at our school!
Where will our money go?
1. 10%of Proceeds go directly to our TEACHERS to Help with Class Needs
2. 10% of Proceeds go to ARTS Programs
3. 80% of Proceeds go to the NEW TES PLAYGROUND FUND as well as supporting vital TECHNOLOGY maintenance and updates for our students.
How does it work?
During the Barracuda Games, classes and individuals will earn points by wearing spirit-wear each Friday, displaying positive Character Traits each week, participating in “Game Day”, and obtaining financial pledges from family and friends. Recognition and prizes will be awarded throughout the games to both individuals and classes.
How to earn points?
G: Goals- Week 1: August 29- September 2nd Goals Character Trait- each student will be provided with a sheet “What are your goals for the school year?” Your teacher will provide you with a “Goals” sheet. Return the completed sheet to the teacher by Friday, September 2nd and the student will earn 5 points. Classes with 100% participation will earn 25 bonus points for their “team.”
A: Ambition- Week 2: September 5 – September 9th. What is your “Olympic Ambition?” What do you aspire to be? Your teacher will provide you with an “Ambition” sheet. Return the completed sheet to the teacher by Friday, September 9th and the student will earn 5 points. Classes with 100% participation will earn 25 bonus points for their “team.”
M: Measure- Week 3: September 12-16th. Chick-fil-a Spirit Night on September 13th. From 5-8 p.m. Measure your participation! All classes represented by at least one student/teacher at Spirit Night will earn 15 points. Class/teams in Each Grade with the most attendees to Spirit Night will earn 25 bonus points.
E: Encourage- Week 4: September 19th– 23rd. Encourage Peace and Unity in school and in the community. Take a photo displaying your “Pinwheel for Peace” on International Day of Peace September 21st. Students who complete this task by September 23rd will earn 5 points. Classes with 100% participation will earn 25 bonus points for their “team.”
S: Be Smart- Week 5: September 26-30th. Complete all tasks by September 30th to earn Spirit Tag/Charms. Helpful tip: It would be “Smart” to turn in all your pledge dollars this week as each dollar turned in earns DOUBLE points! During this week students will earn double points for every dollar brought in.
October 3rd-7th Week 6: Pledge week continues. Students turn in their remaining pledge dollars for points. During the week of October 3-7, 2016, students will earn single points for every dollar brought in.
October 10-13Th Week 7: Games Week!!! Final week to turn in your pledge dollars. Students will receive 1 point for every dollar brought in.
- October 10th: Barracuda Games Grades PK-2nd
- October 11th: Barracuda Games Grades 3rd-5th
**Be sure to also wear your spirit wear on Fridays! Class/teams will earn 50 bonus points if all students participate and show their spirit!
Incentives and Rewards 2016
* 1-Character Trait Tag (all students)
* 1-Barracuda Games t-shirt (all students)
* Write down and/or email/social media promote to 10+ potential donors = Barracuda WebStar Spirit Tag
* Contact all potential donors and record all promised donations = Earn a 2nd Spirit Tag
* Collect 3 or more promised donations = Earn a 3rd Spirit Tag
GO FOR THE GOLD donation incentives: Earn a Gold Spirit Tag for collecting $100+ in donations, a Silver Spirit Tag for collecting $50+ in donations, and a Bronze Spirit Tag for collecting $25+ in donations. If you raise $100+, you earn all 3!!
Top 3 students receive: Gold, Silver, Bronze medals presentation during the morning school newscast.
Top 5 students receive:
* Full paid admission to SeaWorld of Orlando with chaperones Mrs. Yockel and TBD
* Exclusive behind the scenes animal encounters/interactions
* All you can eat dining wristband for the day
* Transportation to and from SeaWorld of Orlando
* Dates TBD but most likely will be scheduled for November 2016 or January2017
For Class Teams:
At Pep Rally: Top class in each grade will be announced and rewarded with a donut party the following week
Top Class receives: Let’s Skate Party on date of choice, Gold Champion Banner, Class Trophy, Class Photo recognition & Bragging Rights!
Top 2-5 Classes each receive: Each class in 2, 3, 4, 5 place overall will receive $50 for a class party of their choice.
Ready to Help Out? Questions about the Barracuda Games? Contact the Barracuda Games Committee! firstname.lastname@example.org
Barracuda Games Home Barracuda Games Calendar